Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Marc and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary last Wednesday... I can't believe it's already been that long (and it sometimes seems that it's been much longer!) We had a great anniversary week! (We enjoyed 3 dates without Sadie and a dinner date with her!) For our actual anniversary, we went out to eat at one of our favorite local Mexican restaurants. We also enjoyed a play the next evening with our friends Megan & Jeremy and went to the new Batman movie yesterday with Ryan & Liz. Saturday evening we went out to eat at a restaurant called "Turtles". Funny story--we tried to eat their last year for our anniversary which happened to be on a Monday, the day the restaurant is closed. We had been meaning to go back, but never did. Megan & Jeremy invited us Saturday night so we got to try it for the first time! They are famous for their house salads and their skillet cookies (both were fantastic!)

I have always tried to do the "traditional" anniversary gift for Marc. For 3rd anniversaries it is glass or leather. He just got a new leather coat and I wanted to get him gloves to go with it, but it's hard to find those right now! I stretched the "glass" category just a little by getting him a new Bunn coffee maker. The one we got for our wedding has occasional problems (meaning it gets coffee EVERYWHERE!) Marc got me a bike trailer for our bikes so we can take Sadie for rides. This is something I have been wanting all summer, so I was very excited. Marc also got Sadie an anniversary present--a car riding toy with a handle so you can push it around. She LOVES it! We've already taken it to the park and for numerous rides around the driveway! Marc told me that he wanted our anniversary to be a celebration of our family. This completely makes sense, but I never though of it in that way... I'm so crazy about having family traditions, so I told Marc that our "Family Anniversary Celebration" is a tradition credited all to him!

All in all it was a great (but very busy!) week. We are also looking forward to a weekend getaway to Galena the first weekend in August...

July 16th, 2008--3 years from our Wedding day!
My beautiful PINK roses... (Still my favorite!)
Sadie's New Car

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm so thankful for your family and that you got to celebrate this special occasion together! Congrats!