Thursday, March 27, 2008

Princess Pancakes and Fish

Today was Sadie's 1st birthday! We feel so blessed to have such an amazing daughter. Marc took the day off so we could all celebrate together! We started the day with her "Birthday Breakfast"--eggs and princess pancakes (blueberry-lemon pancakes cut in the shape of a tiara!)

Marc and I decided to take Sadie to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. We guessed that it might be busy because of spring break. Busy turned out to be an understatement. We parked our car and began the hike to the aquarium. As we got closer, we started seeing crowds of people. I asked Marc, "Are those people waiting to get inside?" They sure were, and we sure did wait with them. We waited in the rain/snow for about 45 minutes to get inside! (Fortunately, Sadie and I were only outside for about 20 minutes when an aquarium lady started letting people with small children wait inside.) After we finally got in, it really didn't seem too crowded. We saw dolphins, beluga whales, penguins, turtles, snakes, sharks, otters, and LOTS of FISH! Saide loved it. She loves watching people and she really enjoyed checking out the animals. She loved being so close to the tanks and trying to "touch" the fish. What a great day!
















3 comments:

Smith Family Blog said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE she's already one!!! Time goes so fast.

I am so glad you have a blog, so that we can watch Sadie grow up! :)

By the way-- her Easter dress was beautiful!!!

Lindsay said...

What fun! Give her a big kiss for me . . . I loved the tiara. I might have to steal that idea!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! What a fun day. We are thinking of doing the St. Louis Zoo sometime soon and I can't wait. I would LOVE to do the aquarium too. You know how Grace loves animals. Maybe we can road trip up and take the girls sometime this summer.