Thursday, October 13, 2011

Welcome to our Country Home...

Through the generosity of a contact Marc has through work, we are able to stay in this furnished 3-bedroom house until we move into our new house. This house is located right off of Interstate 55--it takes Marc about 20 minutes to get to work. It's out in the country--the closest house to us is Mr. John's (the owner), but we're pretty secluded. We've had an awesome experience being here.
This is our front porch area. I love sitting out here in the mornings for my devotion time--it almost feels like I'm outside. I also have lots of the kids toys stored out here.
Our living room... we've enjoyed many family movie nights (especially with no cable) and are looking forward to enjoying a fire soon!
Our dining room--I loved this big window seat the first time I saw it.
This little breakfast room is off the kitchen. The kids love playing with their kitchen while I cook. They also enjoy eating breakfast in here most days.
Our office space--it's nice to have a room for this again!

All of these pictures are from the main level of the house. Upstairs there are three bedrooms (the girls are sharing) and a bathroom. There is also a large open finished basement with a big table for the kids to do art projects. We enjoy spending time in the basement doing crafts, play-doh, games, and dress-up.
We've enjoyed grilling out plenty and also eating meals outside. (There are even two separate table sets in case Marc and I want to eat alone!)
This is a small view of our front yard. It is filled with HUGE pine trees (Sadie & Kinnick call them pineapple trees.) TONS of room to run and play--and the best part, we don't have to mow it!
This is our back yard... there is water that winds all around the property. It's covered pretty well with trees/brush to keep the kids away. I love the awesome views from rooms all around our house.
The kids love this sand box... they have spent many hours playing here!

So far, I have loved living in the country. There are some things I miss--like taking walks and seeing neighbors. I've also concluded that fall is the perfect time to do this. We get to enjoy the beautiful scenery and the ideal temperature for lots of outside time. I'm not sure it would be quite as fun in the heat of summer or the frigid winter (we're hoping that we don't find out!). All in all we can't believe that God has blessed us with this amazing house during the transition time of our lives and we are taking full advantage!

PS--still no Internet. After waiting 4 weeks for our installation date, we were told that we were too far away from the service lines... at this point we will likely wait until we are moved. I'm currently updating from my parents' house... not sure when I will add more.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! I've been thinking about you lots and wondering how you're doing! The picture of your empty dining room makes me sad, but I'm excited to see where you'll end up! I'm so glad you have such a nice place to stay while in transition! I'll be looking forward to hearing more!

Jenn said...

It was fun seeing pictures of where you are!