Thursday, June 2, 2011

Macey--15 Months

Macey is getting so BIG!! She finally has a few teeth (3 on top, 2 on the bottom) but they are still hard to see... the bottom ones are in, the top ones are barely there! We still get lots of comments about how she looks "too little to be walking" but she is not too little anymore--she's getting lots of rolls and a big belly. She is over 20 pounds now, so she is big enough to move to a forward facing car seat. I have not switched her yet because she still fits in her rear-facing seat just fine and is happy.


She is constantly "talking"! She has learned several new words including her most recent--"graham cracker". She loves to say Hi and Bye to people, especially when we are out in public. She ALWAYS says thank-you whenever we give her anything (I love this b/c she picked it up from her brother and sister!) She occasionally still signs "more", "eat", "milk", and "please" but she is mostly saying words to communicate.


She is a great imitator--she loves to imitate what she sees her brother & sister doing and also what she sees Marc and I do. She loves to climb up on the step-ladder in the kitchen so she can see what I'm doing.



Macey loves to be outside. She usually throws a fit when it's time to go in. She likes riding toys, bubbles, balls, sidewalk chalk... pretty much anything she sees Sadie & Kinnick do.


She also likes playing with baby dolls and Sadie's play kitchen. She recently discovered the baby doll strollers and likes to push them around. She likes using the play phone from Sadie's kitchen and also likes putting food in the fridge/microwave/oven.


One of her other favorites right now is brushing her teeth. She gets so excited when we tell her it's time to brush teeth. If I am in the bathroom getting ready, she will come in and point to her toothbrush until I get it for her.


Some of my "Macey" favorites right now:


-I love how social she is around other people.


-I love that she's a "Mommy's Girl" right now.


-I love that she still likes to rock and cuddle with me.


-I love the sad face she makes when she doesn't get her way.


-I love her little dimpled smile (don't know if that will ever change!)

No comments: