Thursday, June 9, 2011

Family Projects

We spent the last couple weekends in May doing some family projects. It's been fun to get the kids involved now that they're a little older. Our first project... cleaning out the garage. We always try to tackle this once each spring. The kids and I washed ALL the riding toys while Marc swept out the garage.

Kinnick was done after a few minutes, but Sadie was a trooper! She helped until everything was done. She earned $1. Macey took a nap while we worked.

Our CLEAN garage! Before we started the shelf in the back was overflowing with balls, toys, etc. We used a big tub to throw all their balls into (so we can easily take it out of the garage to play and put back when we're done.) We also used so smaller tubs to organize their sidewalk chalk & bubbles. The garage has stayed very neat and clean so far and it makes me happy to look at... Oh the simple joys of life!




Project #2: Planting flowers on Memorial Day Weekend

We all went to the garden center Saturday morning to pick out flowers. Marc and Sadie drove his truck and Macey, Kinnick, and I walked with the wagon. The kids had fun seeing all the plants and flowers. After lunch, Macey and Kinnick laid down for naps and Sadie got to help us plant. She LOVED digging for worms--she had a big bucket full of them by the time we were done. Usually I plant by myself and Marc works on other yard work. This year he helped me and it went so much faster. We had a great time.


After we finished the flower bed, Sadie helped me plant this planter with different types of flowers and plants. Sadie and Kinnick each brought me a little plant for Mother's day from pre-school/Sunday school. I used those and picked out a couple additional things to plant with them. I love that Sadie is getting big enough to help with things like this! Her and Kinnick both helped me weed my flowers yesterday--they had a great time.

No comments: