Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Greatest Show on Earth!

The first week of November we had the opportunity to attend the circus at the United Center in Chicago... Now, I must start with a disclaimer--I would not recommend paying money to take a 3 year old, 1 year old, and 9 mo. old to the circus... AND if you decide you like a good challenge recruit lots of help (extra hands!) Okay, having said that, I was so grateful for the opportunity to attend the circus with Ms. Pearl's daycare. We've been going to the daycare about once every two weeks for the kids to play and me to help out however I can (more on that at another time!) I'm always grateful to try and give my kids new experiences--especially ones we wouldn't normally have... so we were on board for Circus day (and I had lots of good help!)



It was hard to get good pictures--but here are a few of the kids: We packed a lunch and during intermission all the kids ate in right in their chairs. Kinnick was such a BIG boy--he sat in his chair and ate his chips, sandwich, and apple. He even got his juice drink in and out of the cup holder all by himself. Kinnick's favorite part of the circus was seeing the animals--especially the tigers. He kept pointing and smiling at me. He also loved the motorcycles that rode in the cage.

Sadie loved to help with Macey and enjoyed holding her for a bit during the show. Macey did pretty good (we were there from 10:30--1:00!) She got passed around a lot, nursed once, ate her lunch, and took a very small nap. Sadie also did pretty good. She was somewhat restless at times (I felt the need to apoligize to the people behind us and in front of us after the show!) She took two bathroom breaks (luckily not during intermission when it was insane!) Her favorite parts were the dancing girls, the trapeze, the "silly jumpers" (on the big trampolines), the elephants, and the clowns.
Another "fun" part of our day was riding on a school bus for the first time. Kinnick was beyond excited--he always points out school buses for me when we are taking Sadie to school. (He also has an "I Spy" book with a school bus). Sadie & Kinnick enjoyed seeing the Chicago skyline and the many airplanes as we drove.
At the end of the day, I had three VERY tired kids, but we had such a great time!

No comments: