Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Fun with Cousins

The weekend before Halloween, my brother's family came for a visit. The kids had a blast playing together and we fit in lots of fun fall activities!

We started Saturday morning by making pumpkin pie play doh (thanks Jennifer!) This was perfect b/c it was pouring rain and the kids were bummed that we couldn't go hiking. Jadyn helped me make the play doh and the kids had a blast playing with it.


Sadie and Jadyn with thier matching hair (Sadie requested a hair-do just like Jadyn's!)

For lunch we went to Burger King--the kids had a great time playing!

By afternoon it was dry enough to venture outside. We raked a BIG leaf pile and the kids had fun playing in the leaves. The all jumped in and spent quite a while throwing the leaves.

Kinnick was cracking up at Jaren throwing leaves on both of them.


Next we carved pumpkins. Jadyn helped cut them open and all the kids helped clean them out (although it ended up being mostly me and Trista). I carved a hawkeye and Jason carved a cat.


Sadie was much braver this year... last year she didn't want to touch the insides.



We ended the night with s'mores over the fire pit... it was such a fun-filled day! (Trick-or-Treat pics coming soon... when I get my camera back. I left it at my in-laws!)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The camera is on it's way!!!!

Trista said...

cute pictures!! we had so much fun just hanging out with you guys!

Tim and Liz Casey said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I can't wait for Hannah to have cousins one day so they can play together.

Jenn said...

Glad you enjoyed the play dough. It has been a big hit at our house.