Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

When I woke up today, I was initially bummed that I was having no signs of a baby coming (I really didn't want to go back to work tomorrow and had pretty much convinced myself that it would be today!) However, I'm very glad that I got to spend today with my family! God is showing me contentment and reminding me to cherish all the memories we are making before this little guy or girl arrives. I'm trying to take advantage of all the extra energy I have right now (which includes not being able to sleep in in the mornings!) I cleaned all day yesterday and today I got up early to make a special Valentine breakfast. When we were getting ready for church, Sadie requested swimming at the Y; so after naps she and I went for a swim and had a great time. I'm glad I got to really enjoy my family this weekend... and for now I am patiently waiting to meet this little baby!

My two little valentines...

Our breakfast--red heart shaped pancakes (w/ valentine m&m's and sprinkles!) and a special raspberry drink. Sadie was very excited to use fancy glasses. (Marc sent me these tulips at school a week and a half ago--he wanted to make sure I got to enjoy them just in case!)

Sadie loves to take pictures with my camera--she's becoming quite the little photographer!


Kinnick has recently discovered suckers and is a HUGE fan!

Sadie was very excited about her Fancy "Dancy" book (as she calls them).

Sadie enjoying a cupcake at my school party... It was a little sad and exciting to know that this was my last Kindergarten party until I get to do it as a room mom!

We had fun making valentines together. We made cards for Sadie's friends at church and her friends at Miss. Jennifer's. We also had to make cards for her "friends" Madison & Carson. After that she thought we needed to use up the rest of the cards and wanted to make them for Elyma and Eba (sp?) Thankfully, I convinced her that we didn't have to use all of the cards!

We invited Mikenna to my classroom one day and made cards to mail... The girls had a blast and Kinnick made a huge mess!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

aww... cute pics! I've been thinking about you and can't wait to hear your news!!!

Trista said...

cute pj's!! all these pictures are cute! I have been WAY behind on my blogging!! can't wait to see the baby!:)

Tim and Liz Casey said...

Last post pre-baby! I'm guessing you did this last night while you were starting labor -- it worked! :-)

Jenn said...

What a perfect "last day" as a family of four!