Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Skating Party

I was anxiously anticipating last Saturday to take Sadie skating for the 1st time! Sadie's babysitter's daughter, Kyra was having her 9th b-day party at the skating rink and wanted Sadie to come. We were excited to give it a try (and honestly I was really looking forward to going skating myself!)

Sadie enjoying some pizza and a very special treat--soda!

Sadie liked sitting at the table eating her cupcake while wearing her skates (she didn't want to take them off!)

This is the 3rd pair of skates... Her first pair was huge (I think the guy gave us kid-sized instead of Toddler sized), the 2nd pair fit but she could hardly stand up in them b/c the wheels weren't tight at all, the 3rd pair worked the best--she made it almost 1 lap around the rink before calling it quits... She sat with Jennifer while Marc and I skated for awhile.

Can you tell she's a "Daddy's Girl"?
All in all, it was a fun day... I got to skate with one of my current students (who couldn't wait to tell everyone at school on Monday!) and several past students, Sadie had fun even though she wasn't a huge fan of trying to skate, and Marc and I enjoyed some time together :) I'm looking forward to trying again when Sadie is older! (Kinnick was also at the party--he slept through the entire thing snug in his carseat!)

3 comments:

Trista said...

glad you finally put some pictures up! I wondered what you guys have been up to lately!! when will we see you again?

Stephanie said...

looks like fun! I remember how funny it was to see your teacher doing "normal" things... and even funnier to see them wearing jeans!

Jenn said...

Looks like fun. I've been wanting to cal-l we haven't talked in forever. I can't wait for Hearts at Home!