Friday, November 14, 2008

Baby Update


Well, I've made it to 39 weeks! (and officially 7 days past when Sadie came...) This week was hard mentally b/c I was preparing myself to have this baby early. With Sadie I didn't plan on having her 2 weeks early so it was a huge shock. This time around I keep thinking, "Maybe today..." I've been having LOTS of contractions--they're just not getting stronger or regular. I really can't complain b/c I'm not too uncomfortable (Marc would probably say otherwise based on my comments at times!) I'm usually pretty tired at night after having worked all day.
The good news is I made it through my Parent-Teacher conferences and I'm super prepared for my maternity leave. (However, my optimistic principal scheduled me for an evaluation next Thursday--3 days before my due date!) We also have our house clean & ready and bags packed for me and Sadie! (All of this likely means that I'm still going to be pregnant for awhile!) I do feel like I can relax now and just enjoy (as much as possible!) the last few days of this pregnancy. At this point, my biggest desire is to be holding my baby in my house on Thanksgiving... we'll see!

5 comments:

Tim and Liz Casey said...

We'll be praying for you all of you during these last few days! We can't wait to meet the baby after Thanksgiving! Love you!

Smith Family Blog said...

Thanks for the update! I've been wondering! :)

Stephanie said...

So exciting...I keep thinking I'm going to get on here and see a picture of Kinnick (sp?)... ok, so my contractions NEVER got stronger or regular w/Hannah-that's why I didn't think I was in labor?!?... that is all still very confusing to me....also love the Sadie update :)

Lindsay said...

I'm SO excited and am praying for you and a safe delivery!! I love you!

The Behymer's said...

That is a really cute picture. We cant wait to see you guys this Christmas.