Monday, January 20, 2014

Kinnick's 5th Birthday Party

November 24:  Can I just say that I love having a little boy!  (actually, two little boys!)  We had so much fun celebrating Kinnick's 5th birthday with a Ninja Turtle cake.  Kinnick and I searched pinterest for a turtle themed cake that I could make and this is the one we picked...
 

 
My sweet boy said (when the cake was finished), "Mom, you thought you could make it look just like the picture and you really did!  Thanks for making all my cakes for me Mom--they always look really cool and taste really yummy."  You're welcome my man... I hope I can always make you this happy!
 



 We had a family party at Grandma Janet & Grandpa Gorsch's house.  Grandma asked Kinnick prior to his party what he would like to have to eat and he told her, "We should probably have pizza since that's what Ninja Turtles eat."



Kinnick received "hulk smash" hands (and a mask) from Jadyn & Jaren and they are quite popular (too this day!)  They sometimes have to be put up for a bit but I really love watching my little boy be a BOY...



I can't believe he will be in Kindergarten next year--I don't feel ready for this big step--but Kinnick certainly is.  He is so excited to start school... and so ready!  He is very smart and learning more each day. 



November 25:  On the day of his birthday (a Monday) Sadie was out of school.  We met dad at Applebees for a birthday lunch.  Kinnick was very pumped to receive his first TMNT "bad guy"--Shredder!


After lunch we went to Ms. Jennifer's for a visit and celebrated more with cupcakes.
 
Happy Birthday to my favorite 5 year-old!

No comments: