Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Girl's Weekend

December 14-15:  I was so grateful this year to take an overnight trip with some of my college girlfriends.  I only attended LCU for my freshman year, but the friendships I made are life-long.  I love these girls so much.  It feels great to pick up where we left off any time we are together... easy conversation, lots of laughs, wisdom & advice shared, prayers & encouragement offered.  We planned this weekend months ago so we could all fit it into our busy calendars.  We opted for downtown Chicago at Christmas time...  It truly could have been more magical!  We got lightly falling snow all day on Saturday, twinkling lights, and chilly (but not freezing temps) as we enjoyed seeing the city--shopping, great food, and lots of landmarks.  Here is our trip in pictures:
 
We stayed at the Swissotel off Wacker Drive. 
 
We walked up and down Michigan Ave & State Street enjoying the lights & decorations.
 
We had Chicago Style Pizza at Pizzeria Ora

 
We shopped at Water Tower Place (and I took these pics for Sadie & Kinnick).


We enjoyed a yummy treat at Ghirardelli's.

 
 
We enjoyed the window displays and shopped in Macy's on State. 
 
 
We saw the giant tree...and ate dinner in the Walnut Room.

  We spent some time exploring Navy Pier's Winterfest (and made a stop at Garrett's Popcorn).

 




It was hectic to get away during the month of December, but it was also totally worth it!  I love these girls so much!  We had such a great time... I can't wait to see them again!

No comments: