Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Grandma & Grandpa's... Take 2

June 18--21:  Earlier in the year, Marc was presented with an awesome opportunity to travel to Philadelphia for the YMCA national convention (all expenses paid!)  He has been on the Y's financial board for the last couple years and recently joined the board of directors this year.  Although he was grateful and excited for this amazing opportunity, he was hesitant to accept because the trip was just 2 1/2 weeks after Carver's due date.  I encouraged him to go and assured him I could recruit some help for the time he would be gone. 
 
Sadie was already scheduled to be at Ms. Jennifer's for the week for VBS.  Marc was scheduled to leave early Thursday morning so I decided to leave Thursday afternoon and pick Sadie up in Streator then continue on to my parents house.  I love taking advantage of the freedom we have during the summer time.  We planned to stay Thursday--Monday and enjoy some Hancock County Fair fun during our stay.
 
We packed in a lot of fun during our brief visit... We went swimming at Ms. Jennifer's on Thursday afternoon before tackling the drive to my parents.  Carver was a champ--he made it through the 3 hour (just over) drive without us needing to stop.  On Friday we enjoyed playing at Grandma's (I even got to sleep in!) 

We also took a trip to the Bowen Pool.  I spent most of  my summer days swimming here when I was little and working here when I was in high school.  Even though it looks quite different, I loved taking my kiddos here to swim.  Carver stayed with Aunt Trista.



Friday night we enjoyed a visit from Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Behymer.  I was very excited for Carver to meet 2 of his great-grandparents. 

Macey loved reading with Grandpa!



On Saturday we spent the day at the fair.  We went right after lunch to participate in "kid's day."  The kids searched for money in a hay stack, tried to catch a greased pig, and tried the pedal tractor pull.  They got free ride tickets so we had fun riding rides all afternoon. 

Each kid who tried to catch the pig got their own trophy!

Sno Cones from Grandma!

Kinnick won one of the grand prizes--a new BIG BOY bike!









After kids day we went back to grandpa & grandma's house for a break.  That evening we headed back to the fair for more treats, more rides, games, and to watch the demo derby.

Sadie--Eating a Corndog and Watching the Demo

The boys won these swords at one of the games.



Fair Fun was had by ALL!

On Sunday we enjoyed church, lunch with my family, and a visit from Grandpa & Grandma Gorsch and Aunt NeeNee for dinner.  We packed in so much fun before heading home on Monday morning!





Aunt NeeNee was such a great Aunt... she swam with the kids even in the rain!

On our way home Monday we stopped at McDonald's for lunch.  This was my first attempt at taking all three kids into a restaurant by myself.  By the time we stopped Carver was screaming to eat so we headed back to the play area first.  We managed to snag a table and I fed him while the kids played.  When he was done eating we ventured to the front to order food.  A very sweet lady helped me carry my tray and told me "These are the best days.  They go so fast--enjoy them!"  Our stop was over an hour and it was crazy but I did my best to enjoy this moment in time!

No comments: