Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Marc's 30th

Marc turned 30 this year.  Nothing big to celebrate... although he and I got to have lunch together with no kids-on a Friday (so that's kind of big!)  The kids and I got him a few small gifts, including the new NCAA Football game for playstation (this is pretty much always a part of his b-day gift because the new one comes out every time at this year.)  I was feeling guilty that we didn't do something more to celebrate... SO I decided to surprise him with tickets for an Iowa game.  I looked through the schedule and picked the games that would be doable for us.  Next I called our friend Andy to help me with tickets (so Marc wouldn't know ahead of time).  It was totally last minute, but we decided to go for the Iowa-Iowa State game (the weekend after his birthday).  Andy was able to get some amazing tickets (they were in the 3rd row close to goal line). My plan was to pack Marc's stuff for him and surprise him after work on Friday by having everything all packed and ready to go; however, our week ended up being crazy... Sadie got sick on Thursday and needed to be picked up from school.  Marc had to get her because I was at Ms. Pearl's.  By the time I got home we had finalized our plans so I decided to tell him then (the day before).  He was pretty shocked (and excited!)

We headed to Andy & Lindsey's Friday after Marc got home from work.  On Saturday Lindsey and I took the kids to the Children's Museum in Iowa City while Marc and Andy enjoyed the day at the game.  They tailgated ahead of time.  Iowa lost, but Marc still had a great time and thought it was a pretty good birthday surprise.  On Sunday, we went to church with Knopps and were able to meet Marc's parents & sister for dinner on the way home.  Great Weekend!

PS--No great pictures... my camera was in the process of breaking this weekend :(  Thanks to my sister-in-law who loaned me her camera to use while I save money for a new one!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Good surprise-sounds like you guys had fun! :)