Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beauty and the Beast

March 2nd--I was able to take the kids to their first "live production" theater show. I can't say that I wasn't nervous taking all three, but my friend Erika (who inivited us to go with them) insisted that even Macey would love it and she could be an extra set of hands if I needed it (because she had reinforcements). I'm so glad I tried it... it was a perfect Friday morning adventure for us!

The show took place at Lewis University (about a 20 minute drive). It was put in by a traveling children's theatrical group--they were amazing! The theater was very small (so we were close to the stage) and the whole audience was children and parents--perfect for us! There was no intermission but the show.0 lasted only a little over an hour. All three kids were glued from start to finish and didn't make a peep!
Sadie was very excited to meet Belle and get her picture taken with her. Kinnick was excited to see the Prince and gave a mild high five but was not interested in having his picture taken. Macey was terrified of seeing them up close and held on for dear life!

We ended our fun morning with lunch at Burger King playland complete with icecream. So proud of my my kiddos today!

No comments: