Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

I had an absolutely wonderful Mother's Day... my started with a note to stay in bed (and read). I was surprised with sweet smiles, lovely pink roses, and a tasty caramel frappe! I got to enjoy McDonald's breakfast with my favorite kids (and husband!)


We opted to go to 11 church and thus had a relaxing morning. Marc took care of the kids while I got a long uninterrupted shower (that NEVER happens on a Sunday morning!) Sadie and I had some snuggle time watching "Dancing with the Stars".





One of my requests was that Marc take some pictures of me with the kids (he doesn't really like any job involving taking or helping with pictures) but he happily obliged and we got some great pics (see top!) He also took care of lunch (and clean-up) all on his own! We had chicken from KFC and he made all the sides himself. (If you would have told me several years ago that I would have fried chicken on Mother's Day I NEVER would have believed it. I've never really liked fried chicken but slowly Marc has worn me down and I know really enjoy it occasionally.) After lunch we put the kids down for naps and enjoyed some relaxing time ourselves.


After rest we headed out to Spring Lake (in Streator) to do some hiking. Kinnick (he played and trashed his room during rest time) fell asleep during the 5 minute drive! We had a blast hiking a few trails and seeing the "waterfall". We were cracking up at Sadie & Kinnick--they each had a "gun" and were shooting lions and other wild animals on our hike. I think we will have a lot of fun hiking this summer because Kinnick and Sadie are much more independent.











Our last stop of the day was time-out for ice cream. This was a perfect ending to a perfect day!


Love this picture of Kinnick sharing his ice cream with Macey... she hasn't had her own cone yet, but I believe this summer she just might!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great pictures-sounds like a great day!