Friday, September 3, 2010

Girlfriends!

I have been so fortunate to be able to continue investing in so many amazing friendships that I developed during my college days (and some before!) This summer I was able to spend time with several of my best friends. It's also been fun watching our children enjoy forming new friendships and looking forward to the next time they will get to see each other...

In late July we had a short visit with the Caseys. This trip was a stop before we went to my sister's to scrapbook. We arrived around lunch time, let the kids get naps in and then went to the pool for a couple hours. We ended our night with homemade pizza and bath time. It was very low key and Liz and I were able to enjoy some time visiting. They left the next morning for Wisconsin and we headed on to my sister's...
Hannah, Kinnick, and Sadie--Hannah & Kinnick were born 5 weeks apart, so it's fun to see their similarities.

Bath time... Funny story: Liz & Tim were supervising bath while I feed Macey and got her ready for bed. Liz was shampooing and then passing the kids off to Tim for diapers and p.j.'s. Tim got Kinnick's diaper out of the suitcase and put it on him. A few minutes later, he said "I think I put Macey's diaper on him... I was wondering if they were slim fit." (They look exactly the same!)

I love that Sadie is now big enough to take pictures when needed!
A few weeks later, we got together at my friend Sarah's. She lives about 30 minutes from me, so we've been trying to get together more frequently (but it's still hard.) Our friend Erin who now lives in S. Carolina was back in IL so the 4 of us (with our kids minus Sadie) had a play date. It was so good to have a little time to hang out--it's been too long!

The kids were all pretty close in age... it was fun and funny to watch! (Elle, Macey, Kinnick, Hannah, & Whit)
And us girls... Me, Erin, Sarah, & Liz
And finally... a few weekends ago, I got together with my LCC girlfriends. We try to do this once or twice a year. We decided to do a "no kids" get-together this time (although Macey & Titus were along for the ride). We started our day with some shopping (for the kids), had lunch at Chipotle's, went for pedicures, and ended with some dessert at Cold Stone. It was a perfect day! It was so good to catch up. We definitely need to do this again--maybe even an over-nighter eventually!
At the cosmo school for our pedicures...

Jennifer, Steph, Amy, Me, Abby, & Betty