Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Much To Be Thankful For...

I mentioned in a previous post that it was my heart's desire to be home on Thanksgiving holding my baby... Of course I would have taken him at a later time, but I was so grateful to come home on Thanksgiving and be with my family! Of course going from one to two children isn't exactly an easy transition--there's a lot to figure out. However, I feel that I have so much to be thankful for each day! I love watching Sadie's excitement each time she wakes up and runs to find her baby brother. It's so precious to watch her hold him, snuggle him, pat him, and kiss him. Marc pointed out yesterday that she imitates what I do. It's so neat to see the "little mother" in her even at such a young age. At times I feel like it's a lot of work to keep up with both of them and I don't know how I'm going to manage when Marc goes back to work, but I couldn't be happier... I'm really loving my life right now!

Here are some pictures from the last few days:

Sadie gives Kinnick so many kisses every day!

On Thanksgiving night we had a "special treat" of eating in front of the T.V. We watched Fred Claus and had popcorn & snacks.

This is one of Sadie's favorite spots in the kitchen. We concluded that we need to get a childproof lock for the fridge when Sadie came walking into the living room with a pitcher 2/3rds full of ice tea!

Babies sleeping... nothing more precious!

Our Big Hawkeye and our little one!

Kinnick's 1st Sunday at church.

Kinnick & Sadie w/ their IL cousins--Jadyn & Jaren.

More sleeping pics--I can hardly remember when Sadie used to sleep like this!

Sadie having some snuggle time with Daddy.

Kinnick's 1st bath at home. (He mostly screamed!)

Last night Marc made hot chocolate for all of us. Sadie is obsessed with marshmallows right now, so she thought it was great fun to put them in her drink--she was a BIG fan!

Sadie & Kinnick's 1st ride in the double stroller. We went to the mall today for pictures and then visited Marc's work. I was nervous that Sadie would bother him, but she did really well!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yay! I love the pics!!! I'm glad Kinnick had a blue towel for his first bath :)