Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Little Reminders

Marc and I both keep an abundance of shoes in our back entryway. Usually whenever we get home from somewhere we kick off our shoes here before we go inside. Sadie has recently joined us in this little routine (completely on her own!) She sits down, pulls her shoes off, and stacks them neatly with ours. She likes to set her shoes on top of her daddy's shoes...

I feel like I'm constantly overwhelmed with picking up our house (not cleaning--just keeping things put away!) There's always toys to pick up, dog water to clean up off the floor (Sadie loves to experiment), cracker crumbs, juice cups, a highchair to wipe off, little clothes that need refolded and put back into the dresser (I've been thinking we need to put childproof latches on her dresser during this phase!), and the list could go on and on. Some days it just seems too overwhelming... on these days I try to remind myself that this phase of our lives is just temporary and all too soon it will be past... I try to look at these messes as little reminders that I have such an awesome little girl (who LOVES to explore!) One of my favorite little reminders is smudgy fingerprints--although seeing this reminder usually means I need to dust or clean glass, I'm hesitant to wipe them away. I always tell Marc that one day I'll long to see these little fingerprints.

God uses many different everyday situations to remind us of his love... I try my best to look at life's many messes as little reminders of how blessed I am! (Besides, I have a feeling that toddler messes will be much easier to smile at than teen-age messes!)

No comments: