Thursday, October 30, 2014

Kindergarten--Here We Come (Again!)

July 29:  I love new school supplies.  I love the start of a new school year.  I love summer and it is always bittersweet to see it end, but there is just something about starting fresh for a new school year.  I always try to make a fun time out of school supply shopping.  I like to let the kids pick out their own things.  This year (being the first time I had TWO(!) school kids with supply lists), we had some date days for school supply shopping. 
 
For Sadie, I took her and gave her a budget--she had to keep track of how much she was spending on each item and decide which things she really wanted to go "fancy" on.  I gave her the incentive that if she stayed under budget, she could have the extra to buy supplies for her VBS program (that she was planning for Kinnick & Macey).  She did very well, and ended up with $4 extra dollars.
 
For Kinnick's date day we had a great time shopping for supplies and ended our date with some ice cream at Baskin Robins.  It was so much fun talking with him and hearing what he was excited about and nervous about.  I can't believe how fast this kid is growing--I am so proud of him!
 


PS--I "might" have set a reminder for myself to get supplies in July this year... Last year we waited until the week before school started and I could not find Crayola crayons ANYWHERE!

No comments: