Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mommy Pre-School

August 27:  This year Macey is old enough to start 3-year old pre-school and Kinnick is in his second year (4-year old pre-school).  When Sadie was little I always planned on sending our kids to two years of pre-school; however, in order to save money and to keep me from having to do pre-school drop-offs and pick-ups 5 days a week (plus Sadie!) we decided to do home-school pre-school.  I really love it and have no regrets so far...  I have several friends from my MOPS groups who are also home-schooling for pre-school.  We occasionally plan get togethers for big group activities.  
 
I love doing pre-school with Kinnick and Macey but the key for me was to limit it to 1 day per week--yep only one!  I make it really fun with lots of cool activities and arts/crafts, but only on Tuesday  mornings.  I honestly don't think I could handle more planning than that!  So far Macey and Kinnick are loving "Mommy Pre-School".  They look forward to Tuesdays.  On Thursdays they attend pre-school at Ms. Pearl's daycare where I volunteer once a week.  This combo is the perfect fit for our family.  (I'll share more in a later post with some of what we've been learning/doing!) 
 
Macey--3 Year Old Pre-School:  


 I can't believe how BIG she is getting!
 
 
Kinnick--4 Year Old Pre-School


This kids is SMART!  I love being his first teacher.  I can't believe he will start Kindergarten next year--I will miss him for sure!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Aww, I was just thinking today that we need to get back on the ball with homeschool preschool. My kids LOVE it! It kind of fell by the wayside when I started feeling sick; plus, they're attending preschool this year. But I'm feeling like we need to get back at it!