Saturday, November 2, 2013

Mini Vaca

August 8-9:  I really wanted to take a family vacation this year but due to limited money and a NEW BABY we knew it would be a little tricky... Groupon to the rescue!  I purchased a groupon for resort in Rockford (close to us!) that included hotel room, 2-day indoor waterpark passes, pizza & soda, arcade credit, and passes to a nearby children's museum (and as an added bonus we got 2 free breakfast buffets (K & M were both free!) and a free soda & appetizer at the hotel!)  This seemed like a perfect getaway opportunity for our family this year... and it was!  We tacked a trip to grandma & grandpa's on the end and made a 4-day weekend out of it.

Coco Key Water Park: 






Arcade Fun:



Dinner at Beefaroo's:

Our friends Sarah & Eli recommended this place for dinner--we LOVED the cheese fries & the milkshakes in 20+ flavors!
Cards in our Hotel Room...
Breakfast in our pajamas...
Swimming at the hotel pool--with the ducks...



Discovery Center Children's Museum (Rockford):











I love making memories with my family!!  I'm so thankful for all of the traveling and adventures I had growing up and am excited to begin doing the same with my kids.

No comments: