Saturday, February 16, 2013

Christmas Activities

So my plan for Christmas was to do advent activities each day like we did last year... This did not happen.  I had so little energy that I could barely get done the "must-dos" let alone all the "extras"... I have high hopes of making a cute advent calendar for next year--I must start now!  I did try to fit in as much fun as we could.  Here are some of our Christmas activities:  

We decorated a gingerbread house
We made s'mores in the fireplace
I decorated cookies with my friend Michelle (for a MOPS cookie exchange)
Took the kids shopping for toys to donate to Ms. Pearl's Toystore
                                     

Took a Friday night drive to look at lights... complete with hot cocoa and a Starbucks stop
Wrapped up Christmas books for the kids to open each day
Made snowmen shaped pizzas
Listened to Sadie's class sing at Barnes and Nobel...
And had a treat afterwards!
                                               

Had fun with our Elf--Nick
Made treats with the kids for a Christmas Party
                                     
I always love making memories with my family and have to remind myself that sometimes "less" really is "more"!
PS--As I'm posting these pictures Sadie just walked by and said "Seriously--you're just putting up pictures from that long ago?!?  That little guy (pointing to my stomach) must really be bothering you!"

No comments: