Monday, December 31, 2012

Best Birthday Present

So... my most exciting birthday present came a few days early.  On October 30th, we found out that we are expecting Gorsch baby #4.  My thoughts?  I'm thrilled, grateful, nervous, overwhelmed, SO excited... you get the point.  As I write this now, I'm almost 14 weeks.  I've been very tired, very sick, grouchy, and overwhelmed the last few weeks.  I've felt a bit like a failure this year with planning fun Christmas activities for my kids but when it was all said and done, the presents got wrapped, Santa came, and most importantly we celebrated Jesus' birth.

I'm not sure what the next 26 weeks will hold but I'm ready to experience it all again... the magic of a first kick, the anticipation of finding out if it will be a boy or girl, watching our kids as they prepare for another sibling, the countdown to another birthday, and much much more.  I know this will probably be the last time I will be pregnant (but I'll never say never!) so that makes it even more special.  I'm thankful that God chose me to be this little one's mommy.  I can't wait to meet him/her!  I'll try to do my best to post pregnancy updates with pictures... my intentions are good!  Thanks to all of you who get to share this crazy journey with us.

2 comments:

Cori said...

Congratulations Gorsch family - what a blessing! Can't wait to follow it all through your blog :)

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!!!!