Monday, September 17, 2012

"Fun Week"

I will easily admit that I was a little sad about Sadie starting school this year... sad that I was losing the freedom of having all of my kids at home... the freedom I've enjoyed the last two years that I've been able to stay home.  I knew I would still be able to do things with Kinnick and Macey but I also knew that I would miss Sadie... SO--we declared "Fun Week" at the Gorsch house.  For the entire week (and a half) before Kindergarten I completely disregarded all household chores and we made it a point to do something fun each day.  Here's what we did:

Monday:  TWO play dates... (okay these were both actually "working" play dates for me, but the kids didn't know the difference!)  We started at Ms. Kelly's in the morning--she has the MOST toys ever!  Then we went to Ms. Sarah's for lunch and more playing.

Tuesday:  We went to Brookfiled Zoo (free kids' admission!) with our friends, Carson & Logan.  Tuesday night we enjoyed ice cream  in the driveway (and later a trip to the ER!)

Wednesday:  We started our day bright and early at Urgent Care (to fix K's chin from the night before).  The kids were awesome so we went to Dunkin' Donuts as a special treat.  After that we went to the library, the park, the Mall, and met Daddy at McDonald's for lunch.

Thursday:  We made pancakes for breakfast, cookies to take to Daddy's bank, and did a painting craft.  For the afternoon we made a blanket fort and snuggled inside to read.


Friday:  We had a "backyard camp out"... (more to come on this)
Saturday:  My friend Stephanie and her daughter Mikenna came up to spend a girl's day with us.  We went shopping for new school clothes and then took the girls to see "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" at The Palms Theater.  It's a dinner theater--the girls enjoyed ordering their lunch during the movie and both picked some movie candy for dessert.
Sunday:  I took Sadie to the mall for a free haircut at JC Penny's... she was not too thrilled about getting a trim.  Luckily the lady worked quickly!  That night we took the kids out for pizza with some coupons they earned during summer reading.

Monday:  We played games in the tent, attended Sadie's "Meet & Greet", and had family Wii time that evening.

Tuesday:  I took the kids to a new park for a picnic and that afternoon we had a marathon of books about Kindergarten!  We of course read "The Kissing Hand" and also "The Night Before Kindergarten."  

I enjoyed this week of making memories!

No comments: