Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy 7th Anniversary!

 While my parents had our kids for 3 nights, we took advantage of the alone time to go on some dates and celebrate our 7th anniversary... I met my mom on Thursday morning--we played at the museum then I came home to clean our house.  When Marc got home from work we went to a movie.  We saw the movie What to Expect When You're Expecting.  It was very funny!  We loved being able to go to the dollar theater ($1.50) and enjoy popcorn (with a free coupon) & soda for under $10.  I remember my parents always taking us to the dollar theater when I was younger and I totally know why!  We are so excited that we have this option close to us.  (Marc took all three kids to see The Lorax for $3--half price night!)

On Friday, I enjoyed the day to myself--working on some house projects.  That night we went to Panera for dinner (and used a gift card we still had from Christmas).  We also enjoyed some time to walk around the mall... without kids!

We had our big date day on Saturday.  We drove up to Michigan to do some exploring.  We enjoyed spending most of our day in a little harbor town called New Buffalo.  We found LOTS to do...
5 lb. box of blueberries from a Farmer's Marker!

Checking out the Beach

View from steps leading down to the Beach


Couldn't believe how BEAUTIFUL the Beach was!


We had a late lunch at "The Stray Dog" which we found out burned to the ground 3 days later!
Besides the Farmer's Market, walking along the beach, and lunch... we stopped at an antique store, walked around the down town shops, did some exploring (looking at beach houses and vacation homes/inns for future ideas), had some popcorn, and stopped at an outlet mall on the way home.  It was really a perfect day!  I can't believe how fast 7 years has gone by... looking forward to the next 7... and MANY more!

No comments: