Saturday, August 20, 2011

My BIG Boy

I'm always calling Kinnick "my little boy" to which he ALWAYS responds "I'm not yittle, I'm BIG!" He does so with a little grouchy face! To me he's still my "little boy" and will be for some time. I love that he always wants mommy to put him to bed and that he likes me to snuggle and sing songs with him. One thing we've been working on for awhile now is getting himself dressed. Sadie wanted to do this on her own so it happened pretty easy. Kinnick hasn't shown much interest. You can imagine my surprise to come in first thing in the morning and find him fully dressed and putting on shoes!

He picked out his outfit on his own from his dresser. He took off his dry pull-up and threw it in the closet (???). He put on clean underwear. He put his pajamas in his dirty clothes basket. What a little man!! (No need to point out that he had his shirt and shorts on backwards!) After I finished praising him he looked at me and said "I wanted to wear my basketball shirt, but then I just put on this plain brown one instead." I smiled and showed him that the basketball was on the back. I helped him turn it around so he could see it. He laughed with me and said "Silly Kinnick!" I just love this BIG boy so much!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

How sweet! I literally laughed out loud when you wrote about how he wanted to wear his basketball shirt!! He is so funny!! I love that he is putting his dirty laundry in the dirty laundry basket his future wife will appreciate that, the pull-up not so much!! lol

Ashley said...

Aww, haha! That made me laugh too!