Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

For Mother's Day, Marc surprised me with a spontaneous trip to the zoo... I was a bit stressed thinking about all the things I still needed to do with only two weeks of school, but it was just what we needed--a day to get away and enjoy each other!

We decided to check out the Peoria Zoo because we had never been before. When we got there we found out Moms got in for free--that was a fun bonus! We really enjoyed it, especially the big "Africa" exhibit. Sadie's favorite animal this time was the rhino. She still continues to talk about them and how stinky they were. She wants to take her friends back to see them!

Macey enjoyed some time in the stroller!

Kinnick's favorite part was the small "petting zoo" exhibit. You really didn't get too close, you could stick your hands through the fence to feed them, but he loved it. Sadie didn't want them to touch her, she kept dropping her food on the floor. Kinnick wasn't scared at all, the closer they came the better--I'm pretty sure he let a goat lick his face!

There was a HUGE park outside the zoo, so we played for awhile before we left.

Before we left Peoria, Marc drove all the way across town and waited in line for over 20 minutes (with 3 crabby kids) to get coldstone for me. Marc is totally not a fan of taking crabby kids into public places to wait in a line (then again, I don't know who is--but he really hates it!) My point is, I really knew how much he loved me to get me my favorite ice cream!
I had a GREAT Mother's Day. I think the best part of my day was waking up in the morning and thinking "What would be a great day?" My first thought was... church, lunch with my family, playing at the park--pretty much a typical day. I really do love my life!

No comments: