Monday, August 11, 2008

Daddy's Princess

On Sunday I got out a "Princess Dress" for Sadie to wear. The top was pink with sparkly flowers on the waist and the bottom was three layers of white chiffon. She also wear white pantyhose, white shoes, a ruffle slip, and a pink bow in her hair. She looked adorable. I finished getting her dressed and let her put on a pink beaded bracelet. I said "Let's go show Daddy." Her face lit up and she ran to find her dad. She was so excited to show off her beautiful dress and her bracelet. As her daddy told her how pretty she is she held onto her skirt and twirled it around. I love the way she adores her dad!

I worked in the toddler room at church this week, so I got to witness the "tom-boy princess" first hand. As soon as she got in the room she took off for her favorite climbing toy. After about 10 minutes she had ripped her dress by crawling around. (Hopefully one of her grandmas will be able to fix it!) By the end of church (barely over an hour) she had ripped her dress, scuffed her shoes, broken her bracelet, and pulled out her hair! I only wish I had a before and after picture...

As I reflected on this scenario, I realized how much I love my daughter for her unique personality. She is not an observer (like I am). She is a doer! She dives head first into life without giving it much thought. She's an explorer and I love that about her. She definitely makes our lives more interesting and brings us lots of laughter! I hope her brother is ready because I'm sure she has many adventures in store...

No comments: