Saturday, February 3, 2018

St. Louis Rock 10K

October 15-16, 2016:  I wasn't ready for another half-marathon (yet) but I wanted to keep running (and racing!) so I signed up for the St. Louis Rock & Roll 10K... I was also excited to cheer my sister on for her first half marathon!  Fall is always a busy time for us so I decided to make this race an opportunity for a girl's road trip with just Sadie.  We were able to spend the morning watching Kinnick's last baseball game then hit the road.  We stopped for some road trip snacks and drove downtown to check out the expo and pick up my race day packet... ironically enough we ran into my sister who had just picked up her packet!  Sadie loved picking up some freebies at the expo!

While the girls and I headed downtown (I went with Liz and a couple of her friends), Sadie stayed with Tim, Hannah, and Cam to hang out for the morning and go to church with them.  I was able to meet up with my sister pre-race and start the race with her (I kept up with her for about a mile!)  I felt pretty confident going into this race but the last mile and half was brutal.  I finished!  and it was so great to be at the finish line cheering on my sister when she got to the end.  Jack and the boys were there too so I got to see them also.  We went out for lunch then headed home.  I loved doing this race with Liz & Jessica and I loved spending some one-on-one time with my big girl! 







No comments: