Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Kansas City

July 13-17:  Kansas City (National YMCA Summit)... so this trip might not seem super exciting, I was tagging along on Marc's Y trip (he is the current board chair of our local YMCA board of directors) AND it's Kansas City... I mean KC is a cool city, but probably not at the top of anyone's vacation bucket list.... BUUUUUUT I couldn't have been more excited!!!  1-I was getting to fly somewhere for the first time in about 10 years.  2-Marc and I were getting a 4 night stay in a cool hotel that we didn't have to pay for.  3-Exploring a new city (I love travel, so anywhere is good with me!) 4-I had LOTS of free time to kill while Marc was in sessions... aka--shopping, coffee, lunch, READING, even a NAP!!!  5-The trip fell over our anniversary so it was fun to get away without our kids and celebrate US.  6-We've met some really great Y people who are pretty fun to hang out with.

Anyway--we spent a fun 5 days in Kansas City--we ate at several great restaurants, we  rode the free trolly (ALOT), we got coffee, we checked out Union Station, we did some shopping, we ate delicious BBQ, we enjoyed some live country music, I wore my cowboy boots (many times!), I finished a book, we loved shopping in the city market (HUGE outdoor farmers market with so much yummy food!), I enjoyed shopping and a girls lunch at Cooper's Hawk with some of the other wives, I did some solo exploring and enjoyed an afternoon in the coolest coffee shop, we found a local grocery store that we LOVED (and walked to each day for something), we walked around the Y expo and picked up lots of freebies, we attended the Y bash, I ran a 5K, we heard Viola Davis speak (she was fantastic), and we celebrated our anniversary with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our Hotel room by sweet friends.  It was such a fun trip... and so good to be away from our kiddos for a few days! 
Starbucks stop before our limo ride to the airport!



Picking out Candy  for the kids


I got my haircut the night before we left and was LOVING it!

Our Hotel was really old, and SO cool!  (And rumored to be haunted!)















Awesome Coffee Shop (Thou Mayest) with a gorgeous courtyard!

11th Anniversary!


I loved spending time with this amazing lady!  Jim & Marge have 4 kiddos (and some grandkids).  They have lived an adventurous life--we love hearing about their family and experiences!

Waiting in our room... EEEEEEEEEK!!!


Jim, Marge, and I ran the Y's 5K on the last morning of our trip.

No comments: