Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Vino VanGough

October 24:  This was probably one of my favorite girls' nights from this past year.  It really stretched me out of my comfort zone, but I LOVED it.  I can't wait to do this again (or try something like this with Sadie!)  Several of us girls bought a Vino VanGough groupon together to try this activity.  The events are held at local restaurants.  Ours was at a Mexican restaurant.  We went early to enjoy dinner.  Afterwards, we moved to the painting room and a local artist (along with a couple assistants) taught how to create a particular painting.  The artist paints step by step and the helpers circulate throughout the room to answer questions and give tips.  We learned about blending paint and using different types of brushes.  I realize that I am a creative person and I love to do crafts and learn new things... however, I have never considered myself particularly artistic (especially in the areas of drawing/painting!)  This was a stretch for me but I loved the end result--it is currently hanging in our powder room!  I totally recommend this experience for anyone considering it.
 



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That looks really fun! I would love to do something like that... especially if it turned out as good as yours ;)