Monday, October 12, 2009

Kinnick--10/11 Months

My baby is growing up too fast... that's all I can say! I am constantly saying, "He's getting so big--he shouldn't be doing that yet."

Recent Accomplishments:
  • Shortly after he turned 9 mos. he took his first steps. He is now taking 8-10 steps at a time! (He still crawls mostly, but he's getting closer to being a little toddler!)
  • He has now attempted 3 different signs multiple times--"more" "all done" and "eat" (big surprise there!)
  • He is developing such a sense of humor. He is always imitating what we do and you can guarantee that if you laugh at something, he will attempt it again.
  • He's quite the little climber as well--he loves to do stairs (he's just beginning to learn how to go down.) He also likes to climb on the step ladder with his sister to assist with cooking and baking activities!
  • On a less enthusiastic note, he has recently discovered how to pull his bib off and throw it on the floor and how to pull off the tray on his highchair--it also goes on the floor.

    Loves:
  • Bath time! He could play for over an hour if we let him. I still try to make him sit down, but it's getting harder & harder--this week he actually flopped out of the tub head first (kind of like a seal).
  • The swimming pool--I always thought that Sadie enjoyed swimming, but not compared to her brother. He LOVES the water. He kicks, splashes, and laughs the whole time. We went swimming this week and I showed him how to blow bubbles--I didn't think he would really try it, but he did--successfully! He is so relaxed in the water, he lets me float him on his back and tummy and he loves to put his face in.
  • Nursing in the morning--he's down to only three times a day (only b/c I am making him until he's old enough to start milk.) He loves to nurse as soon as he wakes up. He gets very annoyed if I try to change his diaper first. After his morning snack, he would easily go the rest of the day w/out nursing.
  • His sister--I love the fact that they are best buddies. He adores Sadie and it really makes my heart happy.
  • Food--I weighed him this week and he's up to 20 lbs--that's 4 lbs in about 6 weeks! The boy can eat! He usually cleans his plate and then finishes up his sister's food also. He's really not too picky, but he loves bread and pasta.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

He is growing up so fast! He is such a cutie.

Bethany said...

I loved the mental pic I got from the wet seal comment! I just think he is super cute and really getting big!! I was surprised to see him standing in that pic!

Courtney said...

He is soooo cute and seems like such a happy baby!