Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Missing Daddy...

Marc left Saturday afternoon for TX. He's gone for the week to banking school. Sadie continues to ask for him. Tonight she went to play with some friends for a couple hours. As soon as she got home, she ran to the stairs and looked up (to where her dad is often on the computer) asking "Dada?" We're both missing him a lot and I know we'll be super excited to see him on Friday! (Sadie will have to wait until Saturday morning b/c he gets home pretty late...)

We've been keeping busy and wanted to share a few pictures with Marc...

This weekend my mom & sister came to stay with us. They got here Friday and stayed until Sunday. Saturday morning Kassie and got pedicures--Sadie also got her 1st pedicure! She loved putting her feet in the water and also sat very nicely while the lady painted her toes (although she's been trying to pick off the polish ever since!) After Sadie was done she got to go shopping with Grandma and brought home a jack-o-lantern balloon that she's been carrying around all week. Saturday afternoon we took Sadie to get her 18 mo. pictures and do some shopping. On Sunday we went to Burgoo--it's a big craft festival held annually on Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. We couldn't believe how crowded it was! It was also pretty hot... My "big" purchase was a Halloween/fall pumpkin decoration that I got to put inside my back door. I also had to get new hair bows for Sadie (I think that's my biggest weakness whenever I go to craft shows!) It's probably good that we're having a boy next!

Monday I was off school. It was nice to spend a relaxing day at home. We went for a long walk and played at the park for about an hour. Monday afternoon I put together Sadie's toddler bed. (I needed to prove that I could do something w/out Marc!) It's in her room now and she's been enjoying reading books (and jumping) on it. I've started letting her say her prayers and sing her song on the bed then I put her in her crib.





We've also been reading LOTS of books! She wants to spend an hour in the rocking chair every night. We finish a book and she signs "more". The Halloween book that her Grandma got her has been a FAVORITE the last couple days!

I really can't complain--she's been pretty good while Marc's been gone, but she still has her occasional time-outs...

These last pictures are from bath time last night. She was cracking me up! I asked her to get her hair wet so we could wash it. She would dip her head in the water and shoot up laughing hysterically. Then she would just look at me and sign "more". This continued for quite some time!


Daddy--we miss you lots! Come home safe... Love, Mommy & Bug

4 comments:

Trista said...

Thanks for always leaving comments! We sure do miss Sadie and hope to see her soon! Jaren is always watching me look at these pictures and tries to say sadie..Hopefully we see you before the next little one comes!!

Jenn said...

I feel you we HATE when Jeremy is gone...Sadie looks like she is warming up to her toddler bed.

Mandy said...

Kristina,
Just landed on your blog...you know how one blog always leads to the next? So surprised to find it and see that you're about to have another baby...can't believe I didn't know that! Or else I just forgot...I haven't seen you guys in Streator in so long! Hope all is well and looks like Sadie is getting so big!

Smith Family Blog said...

When I saw the toddler bed pics, I thought "Wow, I wonder how they keep her in it?", because Moses won't stay in a bed he is practically locked into. :) Then I kept reading and saw that she is still sleeping in the crib-- that made me feel better. :) lol

She just keeps getting cuter!